City of Menifee seeking applicants for Parks, Recreation, and Trails Commission

The City of Menifee is offering its residents the opportunity to help shape the community. The city has a vacancy within the Parks, Recreation, and Trails Commission, effective June 4, and is encouraging Menifee residents to get involved with the community and apply for the available seat.

Applicants must be a current resident of Menifee, a registered voter, and may not be a member of any other city commission or city offfice. City employees are not eligible.

The Menifee Parks, Recreation, and Trails Commission is an appointed body of citizens who make recommendations on policies and procedures to the city council for the operation, use, and management of all recreation activities, facilities, parks, parkways, open space, and trails; assists staff in drafting and submitting an annual budget for park and recreation activities, including a long-range capital improvement program; reviews joint use agreements for park and recreational facilities with the county, school district, and other persons, organizations and agencies; recommend policies to the city council for the acquisition, development, and improvement of city parks and recreational facilities; reviews and make recommendations to the city council regarding fees and charges for park and recreation services and the use of facilities; assists in the development of the city’s parks, trails, open space, and recreation master plan; and performs such other duties and undertake studies as requested by the city council.

The Parks, Trails, and Recreation Commission includes five seats, one per voting district appointed by the city council member representing each district and one appointed by the mayor-at-large.

The position requires attending monthly meetings and other special meetings as called. The term of office will run concurrently with the term of the appointing councilmember for District 1.

Applications are posted on the city’s website and at City Hall. Applications will be excepted until June 26. For more information, contact City Clerk Sarah Manwaring at [email protected] or call 951-672-6777.


Social Media

Explore More


Get The Latest Updates

Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter

No spam, notifications only about local news stories. 

On Key

Related Posts