The 2020/21 Canyon Lake POA Board of Directors held their first meeting yesterday via Zoom. President Chris Poland presented the board’s principles that they developed with staff during the new board’s orientation week. By adopting a set of core values, declaring the purpose of the association as stated in the governing documents, setting a vision of their aspirations for the community and five overarching goals, the road map for a productive year was set.
The core values that will dictate the board’s behavior and decision making include:
- Family-oriented culture to match wide-ranging demographics.
- Maintaining high-quality standards.
- Supporting strong financials for stability.
- Enhancing the unique identity.
- Accepting and open to diversity.
- Treating everyone with respect.
- Continuing improvement to enhance services and community.
The board’s goals included:
- Refining the POA administrative operations by streamlining services to members, maintaining an extraordinary work environment for staff, and focusing on five-year prioritized plans.
- Continuing to expand communication within Canyon Lake and surrounding communities through available print and digital media outlets and purposefully scheduled meetings.
- Refining the process for developing the Annual Budget and dues assessment that supports efficient department operations, justifies contributions to the reserve accounts, and supports the five-year budget plan.
- Implementing designated projects in a streamlined manner and prioritized order.
- The board and general manager working as a fully integrated team driven by collaboration, efficiency, and trust.
For more information about the Canyon Lake POA, visit http://www.canyonlakepoa.com.